Bladder Cancer Care
Bladder Cancer Care Team
Our aim is to provide comprehensive care for the bladder cancer patient. We have a multidisciplinary team which specializes in the care of the bladder cancer patient.
Our team includes:
- GU Medical Oncology
- Geriatric medical oncology
- Radiation Oncology
- Ostomy nurses who specialize in urinary diversion planning and care
- Physical Therapist/Occupational Therapists
- Pain Management Team
- GU Radiology
- GU pathology
- Geriatric specialists
- Nurses from clinic, pre-anesthesia, operating room, ICU and floor
Evaluation and Treatment of the Bladder Cancer Patient
Our multidisciplinary team evaluates all types and stages of bladder cancer. We put together a care plan for every bladder cancer patient. Regardless of patient age, comorbidities, history of radiation, and surgical history if there is no metastatic disease, we consider most for curative surgery.
Bladder Cancer Treatment
We offer a wide range of bladder cancer treatments including:
- Clinical trials
- Cysview system (Blue light)
- Intravesical therapy
- Partial cystectomy
- Robotic and Open cystectomy with continent, continent cutaneous, and ileal conduit urinary diversion
- Radiation Therapy
Our innovative Enhanced Recovery Program focuses on the cystectomy patient and their family.
- We offer both robotic and open cystectomies, both with all types of urinary diversion.
- The multidisciplinary team evaluates all the patients preoperatively.
- All patients undergo a personalized preoperative teaching session.
- Our program focuses on getting the patient ready for surgery, getting through the postoperative period and preventing readmissions.
- This program is designed to get the bladder cancer patient feeling better sooner, return to home sooner and resume their normal lives sooner.
- Our length of stay for a typical open or robotic cystectomy is now 3 to 5 days.
See our Cystectomy resource documents.
Bladder Cancer Care Physcians
Ahmed Ghazi, MD
Edward Messing, MD
Hani Rashid , MD
Guan Wu, MD
Chunkit Fung, M.D.
Elizabeth Guancial, M.D.
Supriya Mohile, M.D.
Deepak Sahasrabudhe, M.D.
Kevin Bylund, M.D.
We see all referrals in an expedient manner. Our intent is to communicate with the patient, patient families and the referring providers a plan of action shortly after evaluation.
Number for referrals:
Please make sure to mention the referral is for bladder cancer treatment and evaluation.