URMC Employee Pharmacy offers savings, special service for employees
The Medical Center’s Employee Pharmacy is dedicated exclusively to University employees, retirees and their families. The pharmacy features potential savings for employees and their families who are enrolled in University Health Care Plans.
Specialized Service for University Staff, Retirees, Families
Tailored to exclusively serve UR employees and retirees, the Employee Pharmacy’s staff has a deep understanding of specific University Health care plans, associated formularies, and our specialty drug program. What’s more, our Employee Pharmacy offers employees, non-Medicare eligible retirees, and eligible dependents covered under a University sponsored health care plan up to a 25 percent discount on copayments for prescriptions filled there. (Medicare-eligible retirees enrolled in the University Complementary Care Plan with Major Medical, or the Preferred Care Gold HMO-POS with University Major Medical, receive a discount off the usual out-of-pocket cost prior to reaching the deductible, and then a 25 percent reduction in coinsurance once the deductible has been met.)
Don’t work at the Medical Center? No worries – the friendly staff also offers free delivery services to any University owned property, and is equipped with an online payment system to make the transaction quick and easy.
Making a pick-up is simple, too. The pharmacy is located on the first floor of the Medical Center, just off the South Corridor near the URMC Employee Health office. If you’re swinging by from offsite, the pharmacy boasts four convenient parking spots in the nearby Whipple Circle (off Crittenden Boulevard; if you’re using a GPS unit, input 256 Crittenden Blvd, 14620; or click here for Google Maps) reserved for employees and retirees retrieving medicines.
The pharmacy is located on the first floor of the Medical Center, just off the South Corridor near the
University Health Services (UHS) by the Orange elevators
.The pharmacy also has four convenient parking spots in the nearby
Whipple Circle off of Crittenden Blvd
reserved for employees and retirees making pick-ups.
(using a GPS unit, input 256 Crittenden Blvd, 14620 or click here for Google Maps)
Savings on Prescription Medications
Eligibility for savings on your prescriptions is dependent on the health plan you have with the University:
- University employees enrolled in University High Deductible, University Low Deductible, or University Copay Plan will enjoy a reduction in copayments.
- University employees enrolled in the HSA-Eligible Health Care Plan will receive a discount off the usual out-of-pocket cost of each medicine (prior to reaching their deductible) and then a reduction in copayments once their deductible has been met.
- Retirees enrolled in Preferred Gold HMO with University Major Medical, University Complementary Care Plan with Major Medical, or the University Stand-Alone Major Medical Plan will receive a discount off the usual out-of-pocket cost of their prescriptions prior to reaching their prescription deductible and then a reduction in coinsurance once their deductible has been met
- The pharmacy can also fill 90-day supplies of maintenance drugs (that are currently filled by mail-order service) at a similarly discounted price.
The Employee Pharmacy offers offsite prescription delivery service. The pharmacy is staffed to deliver medicines to most University off-site locations with courier service. Please contact the pharmacy if you are unsure if there is delivery to your location.
To use the delivery service, employees are asked to order medications by 1 p.m. for next-business-day delivery. Please complete the delivery request form and fax to the pharmacy (585-276-2600) with your location, building number, and any other information that will help us find you when making the delivery. Prior to delivery, the pharmacy staff will send you a secure payment link to your university email to process payment with your credit card or flexible spending debit card. Unfortunately, at this time, we are unable to accept cash or check when using the delivery service.
Transferring your prescriptions
To begin transferring your existing prescriptions to the employee pharmacy, complete the transfer form and patient information form (you may bring forms to the secure drop box located outside the new pharmacy, or fax them directly to 276-2600). To refill a prescription or speak with a pharmacy staff member, call 276-3900.
Hours and Contact Info
Monday through Friday - 7:30am to 7:00pm
Saturday - 9:00am to 1:00pm
Closed for University Holidays
601 Elmwood Ave, Box 617
Rochester, NY 14642
Strong Memorial Hospital Outpatient Pharmacy
Highland South Wedge Pharmacy
Strong Ties Outpatient Pharmacy
Infectious Disease Clinic Pharmacy
URMC Employee Pharmacy
URMC Specialty Pharmacy
(585) 273-4767 Or (855) 340-4767
Highland Pharmacy at Jordan Health Center
James P. Wilmot Cancer Center Pharmacy
Investigational Drug Studies
- Learn more about your medication
- How much is your co-pay if you are insured by Blue Choice or Medicaid? Find out.
- Find neighborhood pharmacies offering 24-hour prescription service