The FLCEAD primary goal is to create a region-wide system of comprehensive care for people with AD/D and their caregivers.
To that end, our principle objectives are:
- to increase region-wide dementia capability with emphasis on reducing health disparities, maximizing resources, and avoiding duplication of services
- to increase awareness of AD/D and the benefits of diagnosis, among health and human service professionals, and in older adults within the targeted underserved populations
- to train more medical providers in primary care practices to screen for cognitive impairment and to refer or seek consultation as needed
- to increase the capacity of the Memory Care Program (MCP) to serve more patients, especially those from targeted underserved populations
- to standardize and implement practices within the MCP to enhance delivery of patient- and family-centered care that is coordinated with primary care practices