The 23rd Annual Wilmot Cancer Institute (WCI) Scientific Symposium
Save the Date!
Tuesday, November 13, 2018
Class of '62 Auditorium and Sarah Flaum Atrium
Scientists working in basic, translational and clinical cancer research will present oral presentations and a poster session.
Judith Campisi, Ph.D. of the Buck Institute for Research on Aging and USC Leonard Davis School of Gerontology will present the symposium's keynote lecture at 3:00 PM.
The poster presentation will be from 1:00 – 3:00 pm in the Flaum Atrium. All members of the University community are invited to present posters on basic or clinical cancer-related research. “Cancer-related” may be interpreted in the broadest sense.
Poster themes for this year’s symposium are:
- Molecular and Cell Biology
- Blood Cancers/Blood/Tumor Microenvironment/Immunotherapy
- Solid Tumor Biology and Therapy
- Cancer Control/Epidemiology
WCI Symposium Speakers Schedule
- Posters must be marked clearly as belonging to one of the four programmatic categories indicated on the poster registration form.
- Poster set-up will be in the morning beginning at 8:30am in order to allow poster presenters to set up prior to the morning talks.
Poster Prizes for $100 each will be awarded to the best poster in each of the categories. In addition, a single grand prize will be awarded to an individual out of the group of winners. This individual will receive an additional $500 as a stipend for attending and presenting at a national/international scientific conference.
THE POSTER REGISTRATION FORM MUST BE SUBMITTED ELECTRONICALLY.
Completed poster registration forms should be sent (and can be obtained) by email to Bridget Chartraw (firstname.lastname@example.org). If you have any questions about submitting a poster or the symposium in general, please e-mail or call Bridget at 273-5492.
The deadline for poster registration submission is October 31, 2018.
Participation in the entire symposium is strongly encouraged.
We look forward to seeing you on November 13!