UR Medicine Breast Imaging
500 Red Creek Drive
Rochester, NY 14623
- Appointment: (585) 487-3300
- Fax: (585) 487-3324
- Accepting New Patients
Avice M. O'Connell, M.D., M.A.
Dr. O'Connell is a Professor of Imaging Sciences and Director of Women's Imaging at the University of Rochester Medical Center. Educated in Dublin, Ireland, she received her radiology training here in Rochester. She has 30 years of experience in breast imaging and is actively involved in teaching and research evaluating newer imaging modalities.
Dr. O'Connell is a world renowned speaker and is very active in teaching medical students, residents and is frequently solicited for her expert opinion in the media.
Areas of Focus
Education & Training
- MA | Arts & Sciences | Ireland-Trinity Coll, U Dublin — 1995
- MD | Medicine | Ireland-Fac Med U Coll, Dublin — 1973
- BA | Arts & Sciences | Ireland-Trinity Coll, U Dublin — 1970
- Diagnostic Radiology at Rochester General Hospital — 1976-1979
- Internal Medicine at Dublin Federation of Voluntary Hospitals — 1974-1976
View My Research Profile.