Postpartum Breastfeeding Consultations
Having challenges with breastfeeding? We're here to help!
Having a baby is an exciting time, but sometimes breastfeeding doesn't go as planned. Meeting with a lactation consultant or a doctor specializing in breastfeeding can help to answer your questions and work through problems that come up. We are here to help you meet your goals!
Who Can Benefit?
Everyone is welcome. You may find it especially helpful to meet with us if:
- Your baby is having trouble latching on
- You have very sore nipples
- Your baby is not gaining enough weight
- You think your baby may be tongue-tied
- You think your milk supply may be too low
- Medical problems are making breastfeeding difficult
- Your baby is premature or hospitalized
- You have had many breast infections
- You have other questions about your breastfeeding journey
Our consultation services are not within the global obstetrics delivery fee and are billable to insurance. We accept most major insurances; please check with our office and refer to your specific plan's coverage. All co-pays/payments are due at time of service. For added convenience, we accept cash, check and all major credit cards.
What to Expect During Your Consultation
You will meet one-on-one with a lactation consultant or breastfeeding medicine specialist (doctor or midwife with advanced training) to go over your concerns and breastfeeding goals. Then, you will work together to come up with a plan that meets your needs. The visits generally take about one hour. We will send a summary of your visit to your prenatal office and the baby's pediatrician (if known).
We look forward to helping you through this exciting stage. For more information, or to schedule your consultation with a lactation specialist, please call (585) 276-MILK (6455).