Melon and Spinach Salad
This refreshing salad is bursting with flavor and nutrition. This fruit provides two powerful phytonutrients- the watermelon contains lycopene and cantaloupe provides beta-carotene. Spinach also provides vitamins A and K. The salad is finished with an orange-ginger dressing to complete the summer feel.
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach or arugula
- 3 cups cubed seedless watermelon, ¼” dice
- 2 cups cubed cantaloupe, ¼ ” dice
- 2 cups cucumber, peeled, ¼” dice
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh mint
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar or white wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp orange zest
- 2 Tbsp orange juice
- 2 Tbsp canola oil or walnut oil
- 1 Tbsp grated ginger
- 1 tsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- In a small bowl, whisk dressing ingredients together. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat; serve immediately.
Global Administrator |