Roasted Root Vegetables
For best results when roasting vegetables, cut them into similar-size pieces and spread them out in a single layer on the baking pan, so that they will cook evenly. Suggested root vegetables include- rainbow carrots, potatoes, beets, turnips, parsnips, rutabaga, red onions. Other vegetables that can be roasted include- Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, winter squashes.
If you are in a time crunch, you can microwave the cut vegetables for about 5 minutes. This precooking will reduce the roasting time in the oven by about half.
- 4 cups assorted root vegetables; peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- ½ Tbsp fresh rosemary, minced
- ½ Tbsp olive oil or herb-infused basting oil
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 2 tsp maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place prepared vegetables in a large bowl. Toss with olive oil, rosemary, salt and pepper.
- Spread vegetables evenly on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake 15-20 minutes, or until vegetables are fork-tender and golden brown.
- Remove from oven, and place in a large serving bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup, and toss to coat.
Molly Miles |