Roasted Vegetable Salad with Honey Vinaigrette and Spiced Almonds
Hearty winter vegetables can go from side dish to main dish in this seasonal salad. Top with legumes or sliced chicken breast for some added protein. Other vegetables that roast well- Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, romanesco and potatoes. To ensure even roasting, the vegetables need to be cut into similar sized pieces.
Ingredients (for the salad):
- 1 cup carrots, peeled, cut into medium dice
- 1 cup parsnips, peeled, cut into medium dice
- 1 cup turnips, peeled, cut into medium dice
- 1 cup butternut squash, peeled cut into medium dice
- 1 cup beets, peeled, cut into medium dice
- 1 red onion, skin removed, cut into ½” wedges
- 1 ½ Tbsp olive oil or herb-infused basting oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ ground black pepper
Ingredients (for the dressing):
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 tsp honey
- 4 cups arugula or other salad greens
- ½ cup slivered almonds
- ½ tsp olive oil
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp ground ginger
- Preheat oven to roast at 400° F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the prepared vegetables in a large mixing bowl. Toss lightly with olive oil, salt and black pepper.
- Spread vegetables in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet.
- Place in preheated oven and roast until all vegetables are fork tender and brown in spots, approximately 15 minutes - 20 minutes.
- While the vegetables are roasting, prepare the salad dressing by whisking together the olive oil, vinegar and honey.
- In a small bowl, combine the slivered almonds, ½ tsp olive oil, cinnamon and ginger. Stir until the almonds are well coated with the spices. Spread on a prepared baking sheet. Bake at 350F oven for 5-7 minutes.
- In a large bowl, combine the salad greens with roasted vegetables. Drizzle the dressing over salad and toss gently to combine. Garnish with slivered almonds.
Global Administrator |