Vegetable stock is a staple for many plant-based recipes, especially soups. You could buy it at the grocery store but it’s also very easy to make on your own at home!
About 6 cups
- 2 cups carrots, medium dice
- 2 cups onion, medium dice
- 2 cup celery/root, medium dice
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 3-6 cloves garlic
- oil to coat
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns
- 1 bay leaf
- 6 cups cold water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a lined sheet tray, coat carrots, onion, celery, mushrooms and garlic with oil. Roast for 20 minutes.
- Combine vegetable mix, peppercorns, bay leaf and water in crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6 hours or until vegetables have lost their flavor.
Molly Miles |