Cannellini Bean Salad with Roasted Vegetables
Roasted vegetables are naturally sweet and nutritious with beta carotene, lycopene, dietary fiber and protein. A perfect entrée for a summer evening that can be served with a variety leafy greens and fresh herbs. For a change, try topping with Kalamata olives or feta cheese.
- 1 orange bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into ½” squares
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cored, seeded, and cut into ½” squares
- 1 ½ cups cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 medium red onion, cut into ½” chunks
- ½ Tbsp herb-infused basting oil
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp ground black pepper
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 can (15oz) cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ cup fresh parsley, minced
- 1 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 ½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 425°F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, combine the orange and yellow peppers, halved tomatoes and red onion. Drizzle basting oil over the vegetables. Sprinkle with salt and black pepper. Toss gently to coat the vegetables with the oil.
- Spread the vegetables in a single layer on the baking sheet. Roast the vegetables for 15 to 20 minutes, until they are tender and golden brown. Remove the vegetables from the baking sheet and transfer them to a large salad bowl.
- Add the spinach to the warm roasted vegetables and stir lightly to “wilt” the spinach. Add the cannellini beans and parsley; stir to mix.
- For the dressing, whisk the red wine vinegar and Dijon mustard in a small bowl. Slowly add the olive oil, whisking constantly until emulsified.
- Pour the dressing over the salad mixture. Stir until the salad ingredients are coated with dressing. Serve.
Global Administrator |