Chocolate Bulgur “Rice” Pudding
By using bulgur instead of rice, this recipe is quicker to prepare than a traditional rice pudding. Unsweetened cocoa is used to make a chocolate variation. The pudding is topped with fresh strawberries with a hint of orange to enhance their natural flavor and garnished with toasted spiced almonds.
- 1⁄2 cup bulgur, uncooked
- 1 ½ cups unsweetened almond or coconut milk (may need more for desired consistency)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 ½ Tbsp cocoa powder
- In a small pot, combine the bulgur, milk, honey and vanilla extract; bring to a boil.
- Lower heat, cover, and simmer gently for 10 minutes, until bulgur is slightly tender. (Not all of the liquid will be absorbed) Turn off the heat, let sit for 5 minutes.
- Stir the cocoa powder into the cooked bulgur until well mixed. Add additional milk, if necessary for desired consistency.
- Put ¼ cup of the pudding into 5 individual serving dishes bowls. Top with ¼ cup of macerated strawberries and spiced almonds (see recipes below). Serve immediately.
Global Administrator |