Kale and Quinoa Salad with Hemp Seed Caesar Dressing
Pump up your salad with this version that features kale and quinoa! Kale comes packed with nutrients our bodies need to stay healthy, and quinoa has loads of plant-based protein. Topped with this savory hemp Caesar dressing and you’ve got a perfect lunch.
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
1/3 cup quinoa
- 2/3 cup water
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 bunch kale, washed
- ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- A pinch of Kosher salt
- Rinse the quinoa. Boxed quinoa is usually pre-rinsed, but be on the safe side and give the quinoa a quick rinse using a fine-mesh strainer. Rub the quinoa with your hands and drain.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the drained quinoa and toast for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure it does not burn.
- Add the water and salt to the saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a low-medium setting and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, remove the stems from the kale and thinly slice it. Toss the kale into a bowl.
- Juice the lemon into the bowl and add the salt and olive oil. Using your hands, massage the kale for 2-3 minutes until it becomes soften and slightly wilted.
Hemp Seed Caesar Dressing:
- ½ cup hemp seeds
½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ cup capers
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Keep chilled in fridge until ready to use!