Quinoa Power Bowl with Hemp Seed Caesar Dressing
This dish is packed with plant-based protein! These bowls are also loaded with antioxidants and healthy fats that our bodies need to stay strong.
Hemp Seed Caesar Dressing:
- ½ cup hemp seeds
½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ cup capers
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of pepper
- Combine all ingredients in blender until smooth. Keep chilled in fridge until ready to use!
Quinoa Power Bowl:
- 1 cup of uncooked quinoa
½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cups of water
- ¼ teaspoon of salt
- 1 cup sweet corn, thawed
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- 2 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- ½ medium red onion, chopped
- 1 cup pineapple, ½ in- cubed
- 1 avocado, chopped
- ½ cup arugula, washed
- ½ cup cilantro, finely chopped
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Rinse the quinoa. Boxed quinoa is usually pre-rinsed, but be on the safe side and give the quinoa a quick rinse using a fine-mesh strainer. Rub the quinoa with your hands and drain.
- In a saucepan, heat the olive oil over medium-high heat. Add the drained quinoa and toast for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly to ensure it does not burn.
- Add the water and salt to the saucepan and bring to a rolling boil. Stir to incorporate all ingredients.
- Once boiling, lower the heat to a low-medium setting and cover. Cook for about 15 minutes.
- While the quinoa cooks, in a small sauté pan, heat the olive oil. Add the corn kernels and roast. Gently shake the pan every couple of minutes to keep from burning. Once browned, remove from pan and set aside.
- Remove the quinoa pot from the heat and let stand, covered, for 5 minutes. Don’t peek!
- You should see tiny white “tails” curling around the quinoa; this is the germ of the grain, loaded with minerals and nutrients! Using a fork, gently fluff the quinoa.
- Transfer the cooked quinoa to a large bowl. Add remaining ingredients and toss. Dress with the hemp caesar dressing and enjoy!