Quinoa salad with green garlic walnut vinaigrette, grilled peaches, and pickled rhubarb
Peaches are a delicious part of summer months. They have plenty of healthy antioxidants and make a tasty addition to this quinoa salad. If you’ve never tried grilled peaches, you’re in for a treat with this recipe!
- 2 Ripe Peaches (Halved and Pitted)
- 2 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 tsp thyme
- ½ tsp sugar
- Salt and pepper
- 1 bag or red quinoa (cooked in 2 1/4 c boiling water for 15 minutes, let cool)
- 4 Tbsp pickled rhubarb (recipe below)
- Green Garlic walnut vinaigrette (recipe below)
- Heat grill to medium high heat.
- Place the peach halves in a bowl, season with salt, pepper, thyme, sugar, and add olive oil. Toss to coat.
- Place peaches cut side down on grill. Turn once and cook for about 4 minutes.
- &Flip peaches and cook for 2 minutes. Take peaches off grill and let cool until they can be handled.
- Dress quinoa with salt, pepper, and vinaigrette.
- Cut the peach halves into quarters.
- Place dressed quinoa on plate and finish with peach pieces and pickled rhubarb.
Green Garlic walnut vinaigrette
- 3/4 cup white balsamic vinegar
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 1 tbsp shallots (diced)
- 1 tsp thyme
- salt and pepper
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- Place walnuts in a pan with vegetable oil and put it on medium high heat. When the nuts begin to bubble, take off the heat and let completely cool.
- In a bowl add the white balsamic vinegar, green garlic, shallots, thyme salt and pepper. Whisk in walnut nut and oil mixture.
- 2 cup chopped rhubarb
- 1 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 star anise
- In a small pot add vinegar, sugar, cinnamon stick, star anise and bring to a boil.
- Place rhubarb in a shallow bowl and pour hot liquid over it. Let stand until cool.
- Keep refrigerated till use.