Maple Pumpkin “Pie” Parfait with Greek Yogurt and Granola
A healthier alternative to all of the pumpkin “flavored” foods that appear each fall season. This recipe combines spiced pumpkin puree, which is rich in fiber and beta-carotene, and creamy yogurt to create a whimsical treat! Be creative with different toppings to add flavor and texture to these parfaits.
- 1 15-oz can pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling), chilled
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice (blend of cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and allspice)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 cups non-fat, plain Greek yogurt (can substitute vanilla yogurt), divided
- Homemade granola (see recipe here)
- In a bowl, whisk together the pumpkin puree, maple syrup, vanilla extract, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon and 1 cup of the yogurt. Reserve 1 cup of the yogurt to use when assembling the parfaits. Chill pumpkin mixture until you are ready to assemble the parfaits.
- Prepare the toppings: granola, shaved dark chocolate, crushed ginger snaps, dried fruit, chia seeds or toasted coconut.
- Assemble the parfaits: Put a spoonful of the pumpkin mixture (about 1/4 cup) in the bottom of a serving dish, top with a thin layer of Greek yogurt, sprinkle with some of your toppings, add another 1/4 cup pumpkin mixture, and garnish with desired toppings.
- Repeat for the remaining parfaits, or if you’re just making one serving at a time, store the components separately.
- Chill until ready to serve.
Global Administrator |