Roasted Cauliflower Curry Soup
Here is a recipe for you to try at home with your curry that you received today. Cauliflower and curry pair well together in many dishes. Enjoy a bowl of this on a cool fall day.
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 cup finely diced yellow onion
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/4 tsp ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp ground coriander
- 1/8 tsp ground cinnamon
- 5 cups vegetable or chicken broth
- sea salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Toss the cauliflower with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil and 1/8 teaspoon of salt, then spread it in an even layer on the prepared pan. Bake until the cauliflower is tender, about 25 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is roasting, heat the remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil in a sauté pan over medium heat, then add the onion and a pinch of salt and sauté until translucent, about 3 minutes. Add the carrots, celery, and 1/4 teaspoon salt and sauté until the vegetables begin to brown, about 12 minutes.
- Add the curry powder, cumin, coriander, cinnamon, and another 1/4 teaspoon of salt and stir until the spices have coated the vegetables. Pour in 1/2 cup of the broth to deglaze the pan and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Remove from the heat.
- Pour 3 cups of the remaining broth into a blender, then add half of the sautéed vegetables and roasted cauliflower. Blend until smooth, then pour the mixture into a soup pot and repeat the process with the remaining 2 1/2 cups broth and the remaining vegetables and cauliflower. For a thinner consistency, add another cup of broth.
- Gently reheat the soup over low heat. Taste and adjust seasonings. You may want to add a spritz of fresh lemon juice and a sprinkle of salt.
The Cancer Fighting Kitchen by Rebecca Katz
Global Administrator |