Mindfulness refers to being intentionally present in the current moment, without judgment. It involves being aware of where you are and what you are doing.
With any of these programs, no previous experience is needed.
- Yoga: Through our gentle yoga program, a certified yoga instructor is able to modify postures and positions to assist any person's special limitations and needs. Yoga mats and other equipment are provided.
- Caregiver Yoga and Meditation: These two classes are held for caregivers of patients who have cancer.
- Open Art Therapy: This art studio group format is designed to provide comfort, relaxation and inspiration while connecting with others who've been impacted by cancer. Participants explore a variety of visual arts, including drawing, painting, collage and sculpture for self-expression, relaxation and growth. Each session is facilitated by a credentialed and board-certified art therapist. All materials are included with registration.
- Group Art Therapy: This mindfulness-based art therapy group welcomes individuals who have been affected by cancer to engage in the creative art-making process for personal healing while also to regain a sense of empowerment and to strengthen resiliency. Participants learn self-care practices, discover personal strengths, and cope with illness and change. The group is facilitated by a credentialed and board-certified art therapist. All materials are included with registration.
- Qi Gong: Our Qi Going program uses a gentle system of coordinated body posture, movement, breathing and meditation to help bring balance and life energy.
- Tai Chi: Integrating elements of traditional Chinese medicine and martial arts conditioning, Tai Chi features slow, gentle movement, awareness and regulation of breathing as well as intentional direction of thoughts, attention, imagery and sensation.
- Meditation Class: Meditation serves as a way to help manage stress by quieting and relaxing the mind and body. Many find it helps lower stress, increase energy, improve sleep, and decrease pain and discomfort. No prior experience is required.
- Cancer Survivor and Caregiver Yoga: This is a research-based program measuring the effectiveness of partner yoga on sleep problems. It's offered two times per week for a four-week period and all eight sessions must be attended. Offered multiple times per year.
- Managing Stress and Anxiety Group: This group teaches cognitive behavioral therapy to help manage stress.