The Wilmot Cancer Institute invites and encourages all University of Rochester faculty who have a strong cancer focus and commitment to collaboration to become members of the Institute. Members work in interdisciplinary groups to investigate all aspects of cancer through program project grants, regular meetings of research programs, disease working groups, and retreats. Current Wilmot members hold more than $29 million in annual funding, and clinical trial accrual to interventional trials has nearly doubled since 2016.
Institute members actively participate in Wilmot program meetings or research committees. They are invited to attend Wilmot seminars and research retreats. Members receive discounted rates for Wilmot shared resources for cancer-related research projects and are eligible for Wilmot funding opportunities.
Complete the Wilmot Membership Interest Form.
To learn more about becoming a Wilmot member, please contact Thom Fogg, Assistant Director for Research Administration, at Thomas_Fogg@urmc.rochester.edu or (585) 275-5249.
- Actively participate in Wilmot research program meetings or a disease working group
- Provide updated information at least annually for required Cancer Center Support Grant reporting, including regarding cancer-relevant extramural funding, NIH biosketch, publications, and leadership roles (nationally and institutionally)
- Acknowledge use of Wilmot-supported shared resources or support from Wilmot research development awards or pilot project funding
- Participate in Wilmot seminars, retreats, and other programs and offerings
- Actively participate in appointed Wilmot committees (e.g., pilot grant review committees, Protocol Review Committee, Data and Safety Monitoring Committee)
Wilmot membership is open to all salaried University of Rochester faculty who have made significant contributions in terms of time, effort or resources to the development of cancer research at Wilmot. The Wilmot Membership Committee meets periodically to review new membership applications; the committee’s recommendations go to Wilmot senior leadership for final decisions.