Biospecimen Shared Resource
The mission of the Biospecimen Shared Resource is to empower cancer research by providing access to high quality, richly annotated tissue from consented patients at the University of Rochester Medical Center.
- Approach and provide informed consent for all patients who enroll.
- Track tissue samples from the moment they are removed and quickly allocate samples for preservation.
- Sample collection is performed by the URMC Department of Pathology, ensuring that allocation does not compromise patient care.
- Collection of ischemia times, extensive personal and family history data, and extensive clinicopathologic data, all housed in the Biospecimen Shared Resource database in a deidentified manner.
- Provide immediate access to the tissue samples and metadata for approved research use.
- Provide targeted collections for approved studies.
To register for the Biospecimen bank, request a form, or for more information, please contact: Wilmot_BioBank@urmc.rochester.edu
Peter Prieto, M.D., M.P.H., Department of Surgery
Michael Drage, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Pathology
Donald Beqollari, Ph.D., Cancer Biobank Supervisor