Center for Ethics, Humanities and Palliative Care
Welcome! Patients, their families, and medical professionals can turn to the Center for Ethics, Humanities and Palliative Care to seek out expert help in coping with some of the troubling circumstances that can accompany serious illness.
The center brings together a unique trio of programs—the Program in Clinical Ethics, the Division of Medical Humanities and the Palliative Care Program—that are devoted to promoting humanistic, ethical, patient-centered care throughout the life cycle through their educational, research, and clinical initiatives.
- Program in Clinical Ethics
- The program provides consultation, education, and research about ethical issues faced by patients, families, and healthcare systems.
- Division of Medical Humanities
- The division oversees interdisciplinary teaching and scholarship on the interface of the humanities and arts with the practice of medicine.
- Palliative Care Program
- This program provides consultation, education and research about the pain, suffering, and difficult decisions faced by seriously ill patients and their families.
To contact us, please call (585) 273-1154