Antepartum/ Postpartum Program
The periFACTS® Antepartum/Postpartum program is a variation of the Obstetrics and Fetal Monitoring program available to obstetric providers who do not require fetal monitoring education and credits.
It presents the same, new monthly learning materials (two new articles and two new clinical case studies and tests), however, the clinical case study contains questions that pertain to the corresponding article only. No fetal heart rate monitoring interpretation questions are included.
Click here to enroll now.
Antepartum/Postpartum Program Overview:
- The Antepartum/Postpartum program is based on a 12-month curriculum.
- This course is offered exclusively with the periFACTS® Online Continuing Education Program.
- Each month, obstetric nurse specialists and perinatologists at the University of Rochester and a broad range of medical specialists who, in addition to their clinical duties, prepare and distribute the following:
- Two articles devoted to a major obstetric topic.
- Two clinical case studies and tests that relate to each obstetric article.
- All test questions are presented in a multiple choice, true/false, multiple-answer, or matching format. Tests are corrected automatically and participants receive immediate feedback on their test results.
- CNE Contact Hour credit and CME credit is awarded for each eligible course and a certificate is available to view and print immediately upon successful completion of each course.
- Participants have the opportunity to earn at least 42 CNE Contact Hours or CME Credits annually with a subscription to our periFACTS® Online Continuing Education Program.
- This program is offered exclusively online and is available anywhere Internet access is available.
- In addition to 2 Obstetrics-related articles and clinical case studies and review test, each subscription to the Antepartum/Postpartum program also includes:
- Access to the Women's Health Course
- Educational periFACTS® Videos focusing on a women's health related topic, eligible for CNE Contact Hour credit or CME credit.
- Web-casted grand rounds lectures presented by The University of Rochester
- Clinical Quandary Q&A column, where participants can anonymously ask a clinical question to our groups of experts and receive guidance.
- No start up fees!
- Groups have the ability to name a periFACTS® Group Coordinator. We recommend that you select someone who demonstrates leadership qualities and who has an established positive rapport with the obstetric staff. The individual selected to be the periFACTS® Coordinator at each site is extremely important to the success of the program, for this person will act as a resource for the staff and be the liaison between your organization and periFACTS®.
- Operative Obstetrics
- Newborn Health
- Shoulder Dystocia
- Health Maintenance in Pregnancy
- Post-Term Pregnancy
- Mental Health
- Fetal Infection
- Prenatal Care
- Hypertension in Pregnancy
- Bone Health
*2017 topics subject to change without notice.
Click here for a snapshot of our overarching Antepartum/Postpartum learning objectives.
How do I Register?
Sign up in our periFACTS® Store
Fill out the periFACTS Program Registration form
Call us at 1-800-285-2366
Learn more about a FREE 30-day trial to this program!