Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support HeartCode (Interactive Simulation Program)
HeartCode ACLS is an interactive self-directed learning program which completes all cognitive and psychomotor requirements for the American Heart Association ACLS Course. HeartCode ACLS includes all of the exams required for successful completion of the ACLS curriculum. Once you have been enrolled into the course, you have 1 year to complete everything. If you do not complete it within the year, you have to re-enroll and pay the $200 again.
The interactive system is designed for healthcare professionals (physicians, nurses, EMS personnel, etc.)
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Recognize and initiate early management of periarrest conditions that may result in cardiac arrest or complicate resuscitation outcome
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing BLS care, including prioritizing chest compressions and integrating use of an automated external defibrillator (AED)
- Recognize and manage respiratory arrest
- Recognize and manage cardiac arrest until termination of resuscitation or transfer of care, including immediate post-cardiac arrest care
- Recognize and initiate early management of acute coronary syndromes (ACS), including appropriate disposition
- Recognize and initiate early management of stroke, including appropriate disposition
- Demonstrate effective communication as a member or leader of a resuscitation team and recognize the impact of team dynamics on overall team performance
- Your AHA ACLS card will be sent to you once everything has been verified. The verification process can take between 2-3 weeks.
$200.00 plus $37.00 for the optional manual. Payments can be made via cash, check or UofR Blue 312 Requisition
The Interactive System is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. The estimated time to complete is 5 – 8 hours. Contact the CEL Office at (585) 275-7666.
How to Register
Contact the CEL Department directly at (585) 275-7666 or click on the Registration link below: