Clinical Services Support Staff and Intake Coordinator for the OPWDD Monroe County Crisis Intervention Team
Ms. Thomas has worked for the University of Rochester since 2000 and joined Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics in 2007.
Roles and Responsibilities
Clinical Services Support Staff
- Answers family questions and makes appointments over the phone
- Manages much of the paperwork families send in, assuring it gets scanned into the electronic chart and communicated to the clinical team
Crisis Intervention Team
- Gathers information about behavioral and other concerns and about services and supports families are currently using
- Coordinates evaluation with the behavior specialists and the rest of the team
- Communicates with families during their involvement in the program
Patient Care Profile
Ms. Thomas works to be patient and reassuring to families on the phone listening carefully. She recognizes that many families calling have serious concerns about their child’s development or behaviors. Families who call are often anxious or afraid about what may be going on with their child. She works hard to walk families through the intake process without adding to their stress and helps reassure them about the team’s ability to help them and their child.