Part of Strong Memorial Hospital
We improve health through caring, discovering, teaching, and learning.
The Division of Pediatric Genetics at Golisano Children's Hospital provides services to newborns, children, teens, and adults who have genetic and metabolic disorders. Each year we care for more than 1,000 patients. We strive to help patients and families understand the nature of their disorder, so that together we can manage their condition effectively.
Genetics is unique. Your genetic background or inherited traits influence all areas of your health. We work closely with subspecialty groups and facilitate referrals and laboratory testing. Depending on the disorder, a pediatric geneticist consults with primary care physicians and those who specialize in cardiology, oncology, pulmonary, nephrology, developmental pediatrics, surgery, neonatology, and neurology.
- Evaluate and diagnose genetic conditions
- Provide Genetic counseling about inheritance patterns, recurrence risks, and support groups
- Coordinate follow-up services and testing for patients being considered for genetic diseases
- Accept , manage and provide follow up care for referrals from the New York State Newborn Screening program
Physicians and researchers are making rapid advances in diagnosing and treating genetic disorders. Many breakthroughs are in development. In the Division of Pediatric Genetics, we are taking advantage of these advances to better treat our patients.
Schedule an Appointment
- To schedule an appointment in the Division of Pediatric Genetics, please call (585) 275-5857 Monday thru Friday between 8:30 a.m. and 4:30 p.m.
- Prior to calling for an appointment, please ask the referring doctor to fax pertinent medical records on the patient and the reason for referral to our office at (585)273-1018.