Our Wish List
Wegmans Child Life Program Wish List
Thank you for your interest in donating items to Golisano Children’s Hospital! Our program welcomes monetary donations so that we can select developmentally appropriate items for our pediatric patients. If you would prefer to purchase items, we ask that you contact us ahead of time to find out if your donation can be accepted. All donated items must be approved before delivery.
For questions about donations or to have your donation approved, contact:
- Golisano Children's Office at (585) 273-5948
- Tanya Reynolds at (585) 276-6937
To organize an event or fundraiser please email:
Below is a wish list of our top 10 most needed items.
Our Top Ten Child Life Wish List
- Play Pack Grab & Go activity packs
- Fisher Price people and animal figures
- Small lego bags or boxes
- Drawing pads
- Coloring books for children and adults
- Superhero action figures
- Decks of cards or UNO
- Velvet Art Posters, small (6 x 8 or 8 x 10)
- Small packs of Crayola crayons, coloring pencils
- $10 or $20 Birthday gift cards to Walmart/Target/Amazon
Special Guests/Group Visits
To protect the privacy, confidentiality and health of our patients, we cannot allow community groups to distribute gifts or visit directly with patients.
All special guest visits or performances must be arranged ahead of time with Child Life.
Important Safety Guidelines
Safety and infection prevention are just a few of our priorities when selecting toys for our pediatric patients. All toys must follow our safety guidelines:
- All items need to be new and in their original package.
- Please keep safety and quality in mind when selecting items. No toys with removable/detachable parts such as eyes, no protruding parts or sharp edges, no toys with marbles or magnets.
- Fire regulations forbid electrical, spark-producing, or friction-producing toys.
- We can not accept home-made items, including cards and other decorations.
- Read the toy or craft item label to be sure all materials are non-toxic and non-latex.
- No religious toys or toys that depict violence such as guns or knives.
Things to Note
- Our patients range from a few days to nineteen years old.
- Please consider the cultural diversity of our children when making gift selections.
- While all gifts must be unwrapped, we always welcome donations of gift wrap and packaging such as bags and tissue paper.
- For group donations, we would love to feature your group on social media. Please send a photo to Sandy@urmc.rochester.edu.
How to Deliver
- Please ensure that your donation is comprised of new items from our wish list, and is approved by the Children's Hospital Advancement Office, and is no larger than 4 boxes.
- Please deliver donations to Strong Memorial Hospital Patient Discharge (off East Drive near the main parking garage). Ambassadors are available to accept your donation.
- Drop-offs hours are Monday - Saturday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
- View a map of the drop-off location.
How to Donate to the Hospital Wish List
Golisano Children's Hospital has many needs for larger items, such as hospital equipment and furniture. If you would like to make a gift to purchase a needed item, please contact the Office of Development and Community Affairs at (585) 273-5948.
Golisano Children's Hospital sincerely appreciates the generosity of our community. We trust that all will understand our mission for providing exemplary healthcare while following these important guidelines. We are happy to have you as part of our amazing healthcare community.