- Investigation of small molecule compounds with favorable CNS/plasma ratiosÂ that inhibit MLK3 in in vitro and in vivo models of HAND.Â In vivo models currently include two photon microscopy of chronic thinned skull windows of irradiation chimera in mice transgenic for XFP markers of neurons, inflammatory leukocytes and microglia.
- Collaboration with Burns Blaxall in the CVRI to investigate the role of small molecule inhibitors of MLK3 in in vitro and in vivo models of heart failure.
- Mechanisms of synaptic engulfment with a focus on disruption of normal kinome signaling in neurons, glia and inflammatory leukocytes
- Nanoscale imaging of synaptic proteins using fPALM
- Synaptic dysfunction in in vivo models of multiple sclerosis
Showing 2 of 103 journal articles.
Polesskaya O; Wong C; Lebron L; Chamberlain JM; Gelbard HA; Goodfellow V; Kim M; Daiss JL; Dewhurst S. "MLK3 regulates fMLP-stimulated neutrophil motility." Molecular immunology.. 2014; 58(2):214-22. Epub 2014 Jan 03.
Kapetanovic S; Griner R; Zeldow B; Nichols S; Leister E; Gelbard HA; Miller TL; Hazra R; Mendez AJ; Malee K; Kammerer B; Williams PL; . "Biomarkers and neurodevelopment in perinatally HIV-infected or exposed youth: a structural equation model analysis." AIDS.. 2014; 28(3):355-64.