Preventing cardiovascular disease is important, but knowing how and what foods to eat for better heart health can be difficult. Our registered dietitians provide information to make more heart-healthy choices, and the support to stay motivated.
What You Can Expect
This is a series of five group sessions, each lasting one hour and led by our experts who will:
- Introduce the principles of heart-healthy eating
- Demonstrate the function and importance of healthy fats, proteins, and carbohydrates
- Describe the benefits of three recommended dietary patterns—Mediterranean, Healthy US, and Vegetarian—and how they contribute to prevention of cardiovascular, metabolic, and other chronic diseases
- Consider possible behavioral challenges to eating heart-healthy
- Explore practical meal planning to help you incorporate heart-healthy recommendations
Ready to Get Started?
Feeling better and living healthier is just a phone call or click away:
Call (585) 530-2050 or email us at Healthy_Living_Center@urmc.rochester.edu
We look forward to hearing from you!
For University of Rochester Employees
These lifestyle management programs are available as part of the Well-U employee wellness program, and may be covered by your University health care plan. View the schedule of upcoming programs, confirm your eligibility, and enroll online.