The research nursing team, with adult and pediatric experience, is assigned exclusively to the CRC unit for inpatient and outpatient services. Pat Pincus, RN, MPH, CIC, CCRC, leads the unit. Our nurses have many years of research experience and a wide variety of expertise which include: telemetry; hypo-, hyper-, and eu-glycemic clamp procedures; timed specimen collection; and processing. For nursing assistance (including off-site nursing) and patient scheduling, please contact the unit at (585) 275-2907. CRC nurses are invaluable for their flexibility to your research needs, attention to clinical care and overall technical support.
Pincus, RN, MPH, CIC, CCRC, has led the research team as nurse
manager since 1992 with over 35 years of adult and pediatric clinical
research experience. She oversees the nursing staff in regards to safe
patient care delivery and protocol compliance. Serving on the CRC
Advisory Committee, as well as other hospital committees, she reports
to the Program Director, the Clinical Chief of Adult Nursing Practice,
and works closely with the CRC Administrator.
Phone: (585) 275-2907
Miller, RN, BSN, MS, CCRC, has been the Nurse Leader since 1997. She is
responsible for the coordination of the staff educational and
competency programs. She conducts and trains others in the use of
insulin clamp procedures, her major area of expertise.
Phone: (585) 275-2907
In addition to the normal standards of Nursing Practice, the following are provided by the Clinical Research Center nursing staff:
- 24-hour nursing coverage for all research protocols including inpatient and outpatient services for adult and pediatric subjects
- Private outpatient examination rooms to promote confidentiality
- Nursing staff with a variety of backgrounds including medical, surgical, and pediatric experience
- Off-site nurses are available for neonatal and infectious disease studies
- Initiating of IVs, blood draws, and specimen processing
- Serial blood sampling setups (i.e., tubes, labels, transfer tubes, and flow sheets)
- Precise collection of samples including 24-hour urines and serial blood samples
- Assistance for biopsies (muscle and fat)
- Basal metabolic rate determinations
- Specialized tests, such as DEXA scans and autonomic testing with tilt tables
- Orientation with investigators for protocol design, technique, and initiation
Noya Rackovsky, MS
Coordinates and oversees the operation of the CRC’s Dual-Energy X-ray Absorptiometry (DEXA) scanner.
Phone: (585) 273-4920
Child care services are available for research participant families.
Our child care room is staffed with a Child Life Assistant.
To schedule an appointment for this service, call (585) 275-2907.
- University of Rochester School of Nursing
- Working at the University of Rochester
- Office of Nurse Recruitment and Marketing (includes job postings)
- National Association of Pediatric Nurse Practitioners
601 Elmwood Avenue
G-5035 unit (ground floor)
Rochester, NY 14642
Hours of Operation:
Saturday & Sunday, Closed