Questions to Bring to a Professional Counselor
If you decide to see a professional counselor, maximize the benefits of your first visit by answering these questions before you go:
- What is causing stress and tension in your life?
- How does the tension affect you, your family, and your job?
- Are these stress or tension issues short term or long term?
- Who in life represents your support group?
- What are you willing to change or give up to have less stress or tension in your life?
- When you have successfully reduced stress and tension on your own, how have you done so?
- What has not worked? 8) If counseling is successful, how do you envision life afterward?
Keith Stein |