Frequently Asked Questions About Onboarding
When will I receive my GME contract and onboarding packages?
Part 1 was delivered electronically to the incoming fellows in in late February and to the incoming residents early April. Part 2 will be sent in May to all incoming trainees. Please contact your program coordinator if you have not received Part 1 or 2. Please contact the GME office if you have not received Part 1 or 2.
Will a GME orientation be held?
Yes. Two sessions will be held on June 23 for incoming residents and July 1 for incoming fellows via Zoom at 8:00 am – 10:30 am. Additional information will be provided in Part 2 of the onboarding package. See the tentative orientation schedule. You must register online in advance to join the Zoom orientation meetings using the links provided in Part 2 of your onboarding package.
Please check out the URMC COVID-19 and NYS COVID-19 Travel Advisory websites. Additional updates will be sent to your URMC email account prior to the virtual GME orientation sessions as needed.
When will I receive URMC email, Net ID and AD user name?
You will activate your URMC email, Net ID and AD username in Part 2 of your onboarding package. You will need your employee number that will be provided in Part 2.
How do I access my URMC email account?
Log in your URMC email account with your Active Directory (AD) username and password. You need must enroll in Duo to access your URMC email account remotely.
How do I self-enroll in Duo?
The Duo self-enrollment process makes it easy to register your phone or tablet and activate the Duo Mobile application so you can receive Duo requests via push notification and tap to approve and login URMC systems remotely: mobile phone, office or home phone, or tablet.
Will I receive an ID Badge?
Yes. The ID office is strongly encouraging you to get your URMC ID anytime between now and your start date to avoid a long wait time.
- Hours of Operation: Monday – Friday 8am-4:30pm
- You must wear a mask and bring a legal photo identification (valid driver’s license and/or passport).
- The ID Card Office is located in Room G-7009 on the Ground Floor of the Medical Center, towards the Behavioral Health end of the building. See the attached map.
- You must always wear your badge for swipe access to enter the building.
How do I apply for parking at the medical center?
- All trainees must register online using My Parking online.
- Trainees will receive their parking permit and scanner in the mail sent to the address provided on the parking registration.
- Park in your assigned lot when you have receive your permit to avoid risking a $100 ticket.
- Trainees or program coordinators will need to contact parking directly to arrange off-site parking access as needed.
How do I complete the I-9?
You must complete section 1 of the I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form online before you can complete part 2 in-person. Complete Part 2 of your I-9 within 3 days of your start date.
- Ask your program coordinator if your department has scheduled a HR rep to complete Part 2 during your program orientation. If not, call the Employment Center at (585) 275-4995 to make an appointment to complete part 2 in-person.
- You may be asked to wait in your vehicle or outside to avoid long lines due to COVID-19. Please call the office when you arrive and they will take your cell number and call you when it’s safe to enter the office.
- The Employment Center is open Monday-Friday from 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Located at 910 Genesee Street, Suite 100 (first floor), Rochester, NY 14611 (the main entrance is in rear of building). Due to limited staffing, the office is closed for lunch from 12:30 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
When you call:
- Let the receptionist know you have been recently hired and you need to complete section 2 of your I-9.
- If you get voicemail, leave a message identifying yourself at a new resident or fellow with your cell phone number to receive a call back.
- Make sure you bring the forms of identification to the appointment. List of I-9 acceptable forms of identification.
When will I receive my first paycheck?
Trainees are paid monthly. Trainees can access HRMS on their program START DATE to enroll in direct deposit to a U.S. bank, complete your W-4, NYS-104 forms and enroll in your health and dental benefits.
- June starts will receive their first pay on June 30, 2021.
- July starts will receive their first pay on July 31, 2021.
Paystubs can be viewed or printed using the HRMS self-service. Log in HRMS, select Self-Service > Payroll & Compensation> View Paychecks and select the paycheck date to view or print.
Which benefits am I eligible for?
A benefits representative will speak at the GME orientations sessions and answer your questions regarding the dental and health plans. More information is also available on the Office of Total Rewards website.
View a full summary of the benefits and how to enroll are available to Residents & Fellows on the Graduate Medical Education website.
When will I receive my health insurance card?
Insurance cards arrive about 2 weeks after employees enroll in benefits to the address you provide in HRMS. Temporary cards can be printed from the Aetna and Excellus websites after a full week of enrollment. Below are the carrier’s websites.
- Employees will need to register as a new user on the site.
- Call the carrier directly if you need assistance with registering or have any questions.