First Year Residents
Alyssa Adkins, MD
- Hometown: Rock Hill, SC
- Undergraduate: University of South Carolina 2014
- Medical School: University of South Carolina School of Medicine Greenville 2018
- Williams EM, Bruner L, Adkins A, et al. I too, am America: a review of research on systemic lupus erythematosus in African-Americans. Lupus Sci &amp; Med. 2016;3(1). http://lupus.bmj.com/content/3/1/e000144.abstract.
- Williams EM, Lorig K, Glover S, et al. Intervention to Improve Quality of life for African-American lupus patients (IQAN): study protocol for a randomized controlled trial of a unique a la carte intervention approach to self-management of lupus in African Americans. BMC Health Serv Res. 2016;16(1):339. doi:10.1186/s12913-016-1580-6.
- Nathaniel TI, Williams J-A, Fazzone B, et al. Abstract P245: Contraindications and Exclusion Criteria in Guidelines for Rt-pa in Acute Ischemic Stroke: Can the New Aha/asa Guideline Expand the Use of Rt-pa? Hypertension. 2016;68(Suppl 1):AP245 LP-AP245. http://hyper.ahajournals.org/content/68/Suppl_1/AP245.abstract.
- Blas J-V V, Carsten III CG, Dooley J, et al. VESS14. Early Validation of a Tool to Standardize Vascular Access Procedure Selection for Hemodialysis. J Vasc Surg. 2017;65(6):11S-12S. doi:10.1016/j.jvs.2017.03.024.
- Who’s Who in American Colleges and Universities
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Alpha Lambda Delta
- Greenville Health System Excellence in Obstetrics and Gynecology
- Health disparities in underserved populations
- Women’s reproductive rights
- High risk obstetrics
Adam Evans, MD
- Hometown: Niskayuna, NY
- Undergrad: Tufts University, B.A. History, 2011
- Post-Baccalaureate Pre-Medical Program: Bryn Mawr College, 2014
- Medical School: University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2018
Whaley NS, Evans A. Pregnancy safety and termination. In: Ciafaloni E, Thornburg L, Bushnell C, eds. Neurological Diseases and Pregnancy: A Coordinated Care Model for Best Management. New York, N.Y.: Oxford University Press; 2018: Chapter 2.
Lecturer, “The Female Reproductive System”, Human Structure and Function (MS1 Anatomy & Physiology course), University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry, 2016-present.
Charlotte Mowris Memorial Scholarship (2018), Monroe County Medical Society.
Gynecologic oncology, fertility preservation in oncology patients, family planning, LARC use among teens, medical education.
Emily Leubner, MD
- Hometown: Rochester, NY
- Undergraduate: University of Pittsburgh, Economics, 2014
- Medical School: Sidney Kimmel Medical College at Thomas Jefferson University, 2018
Research Presentations and Abstracts
- Leubner, E.R., Braverman, A.M. PhD. (October, 2017). Evaluating medical students' preparedness to work with the lesbian, gay, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) population. Poster presented at: American Society of Reproductive Medicine 2017 Scientific Congress & Expo; San Antonio, TX, USA.
- Khalifeh, A. MD, Moreno, S. MD, Corelli, K., Leubner, E., Berghella, V. MD. Pregnancy-Related Stroke Recurrence at a Regional Referral Center [Abstract 17H]. Obstetrics & Gynecology. 2016, May; 127(Supplement 1): 70S. Pub Status: Abstract Published.
- Leubner, E., Getman, M., Steiner, L. MD. (August, 2013). Elucidating the mechanism underlying the protective effects of erythropoietin in the developing brain. Poster presented at: Summer Research Training Program Poster Symposium; Rochester, NY, USA.
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College
- DaCosta Learning Society Executive Board, 2015-2016
- Student Welcoming Admissions Team, 2015-2016
- Sidney Kimmel Medical College
- Catherine Liu, M.D. Memorial Prize in Obstetrics and Gynecology, 2018
- Hobart Amory Hare Honor Society, 2016
Miriam McQuade, MD
- Hometown: Novato, California
- Undergraduate: University of California, Berkeley, 2013
- Medical School: University of California, Irvine, 2018
- Orange County Needle Exchange Program (OCNEP), Founder, Steering Committee, Community Relations, Research Coordinator, Cultural Sensitivity Instructor
- Medical Student Run Sex Education, Founder, IRB coordinator, curriculum developer
- UC Irvine Outreach Clinic, Co-Chair, Finance and Fundraising Coordinator
- Kyle Barbour, Miriam McQuade, Shashank Somasundaram and Barath Chakravarthy. Methods and Evaluation of an Emergency-Department-Based Naloxone Distribution Program. Annals of Emergency Medicine. October 2017.
- Kyle Barbour* and Miriam McQuade*, and Brandon Brown. Students as effective harm reductionists and needle exchange organizers. Substance Abuse Treatment, Prevention, and Policy. February 2017. (* denotes equal contribution)
- Miriam McQuade, Amanda Landrian, Heike Thiel de Bocanegra, and Rachel Perry. Exploring the Relationships between Relationship Violence, Unplanned Pregnancy, and Substance Abuse among Injection Drug Users. In Review.
- National Harm Reduction Conference, 2016
- American Public Health Association Conference, 2015
- Substance Use Disorders Statewide Conference, 2015
- Gold Humanism Honor Society Member
Alexandra Morell, MD
- Hometown: Buffalo, NY
- Undergraduate: SUNY Geneseo, Bachelor of Science, Biology and Psychology
- Medical School: Jacobs School of Medicine and Biomedical Sciences, Buffalo NY
- Dudley CE, Morell AJ, Patel SP (2018). Effects of Amantadine on Corneal Endothelium. (manuscript submitted for publication)
- Patel SP, Dudley CE, Morell AJ (2016). Effects of amantadine on corneal endothelium. Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science 57, E-Abstract 5307
- Morell AJ and Patel SP (2016). Effects of amantadine on corneal endothelium. University at Buffalo Medical Student Research Forum.
- Patel SP and Morell AJ (2015). Effects of amantadine on corneal endothelium. 7th Annual Meeting, SUNY Eye Institute, Albany, NY
- Lighthouse Free Medical Clinic Student Manager, Buffalo NY
- Jacobs School of Medicine Admissions Committee
- Global Health Mission Trips - Fontaine, Haiti and Yantalo, Peru
- Hans J. Lowenstein Award in Obstetrics, 2018
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2018
- Ernest Witebsky Award, 2016
Access to reproductive care in underserved areas, global health, academic medicine
Lauren Paraison, MD
- Hometown: Dallas, TX
- Undergraduate: Tufts University, BA in Spanish
- Medical School: University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio Long School of Medicine
- Oben, A., MD, Paraison, L., BA, Nelson, C., BS, Vasichko, P., BS, Acosta, O., MD. National Trends for Reporting Opiate Use Disorder in Pregnancy and Available Treatment Resources. ePoster presented at : The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Annual Meeting; 2018 April 27-30. Austin, TX.
- Schaefer, S., MD, Vasichko, P., BS, Paraison, L., BA, Ireland, K., MD,. Implementation of Antenatal Corticosteroids in Late Preterm Birth Period. Poster session presented at: The American Congress of Obstetricians and Gynecologists Districts VI, VII, & XI Annual Meeting; 2017 September 15-17; San Antonio, TX
- Sucato, D., MD, DeLaRocha, A., PhD, Paraison, L., BA, Kim, H., MD, Herring, J.A., MD. Operative Treatment for Perthes Disease Yields Better Outcomes than Non-operative Treatment at 20 Year Follow-Up. Abstract presented at: European Paediatric Orthopaedic Society and the Pediatric Orthopedic Society of North America Annual Meeting; 2017 May 3-6; Barcelona, Spain.
- Paraison, L., Hui, S. MD. Fenestrated Endovascular Aneurysm Repair of Juxtarenal Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm: Consideration of Postoperative Complications. Poster session presented at: 32nd Texas Society for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery; 2016 November 4-5; San Antonio, TX.
- Kitchen, D., Clark, T., Comstock, J., Buckley, J., Paraison, L., Graves, C. Breastfeeding Education & Support for Teenage Mothers. Poster session presented at: The 9th Annual Community Service Learning Conference; 2016 April 2; San Antonio, TX
- Sucato, D., MD, MS, Escott, B., MBBS, MSc, DeLaRocha, A., MSc, Lloyd, A., MSc and Paraison, L. Association Between Referral Pattern and Prevalence of Developmental Hip Dysplasia of the Hip (DDH). Abstract presented at: American Academy of Pediatrics National Conference and Exhibition; 2014 October 11-14; San Diego, CA.
- Flores, E., MSN, RN, CPNP-PC, AC, Kim, H., MD, Beckwith, T., MPH, CPH, Lloyd, A., MS, DeLaRocha, A., MS, Paraison, L., BA, Jo, C.J., PhD, Sucato, D., MD, MS. (2016) “Pavlik Harness Treatment May Not Be Necessary for All Newborns With Ultrasonic Hip Dysplasia”. Journal of Pediatric Health Care, 30 (4). 304-305.
- Ramo, B., Roberts, D., Tuason, D., Mcclung, A., Paraison, L., Moore, H., & Sucato, D. (2014). “Surgical Site Infections After Posterior Spinal Fusion for Neuromuscular Scoliosis: A Thirty-Year Experience at a Single Institution”. The Journal of Bone & Joint Surgery, 96-A(24), 2038-2048.
- Society of Family Planning Forum Scholarship Recipient for attendance to The 7th Annual North American Forum on Family Planning Conference on October 14-16, 2017 in Atlanta, GA.
- Paul C. Weinberg Scholarship Recipient in recognition of a strong social conscience, advocacy for women’s rights and a respectful and ethical approach to patients. Awarded by the UT Health San Antonio Departments of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
Margaret Schoeniger, MD
- Hometown: Pittsford, NY
- Undergraduate: University of Rochester, BS Biochemistry, Public Health Minor, Phi Beta Kappa
- Medical School: University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- University of Rochester SMD Student Research Poster session: Maternal and Neonatal Mortality Needs Assessment in Rakai District, Uganda
Medical School Awards
- Recipient of the Sidney and Reba Guzick Scholarship Fund
- Recipient of the Class of 1954 SMD Scholarship
- Recipient of the OB/GYN Section of the Rochester Academy of Medicine Award
- Global Health Pathway Certificate
Kaylee Underkofler, MD, MPH, MS
- Hometown: Fulton, NY
- Undergraduate: Ithaca College, Biochemistry BS
- Postgraduate: University of Wisconsin-Madison, Chemistry MS
- Medical School: Tufts University School of Medicine- Maine Track Program(MD, MPH)
- Underkofler KA, Lachance J. Cervical cancer in Maine: A geographic perspective. 38th Annual Meeting of the New England Association of Gynecologic Oncologists. June 3, 2018. Cape Neddick, Maine. Oral Presentation. Abstract published in conference proceedings.
- Underkofler, KA. Expansion of palliative care services. Maine Medical Center Palliative Care Rounds. January 26, 2018. Portland, Maine. Oral Presentation.
- Underkofler, KA. What to do when you don’t know what to do. Ithaca College Chemistry and Biochemistry Seminar Series. September 6, 2016. Ithaca, NY. Oral Presentation.
- Underkofler KA, Bunck D, Haaf MP, Dichtel WR. Dynamics of diazaborole exchange for use in covalent organic frameworks. 241st American Chemical Society National Meeting. March 28, 2011. Anaheim, California. Undergraduate Poster Presentation. Abstract published in conference proceedings.
- Underkofler KA, Lachance J. Exploring the relationship between distance to treatment and cervical cancer outcomes in Maine. 2018. Manuscript in preparation.
- Linder JE, Underkofler KA. Career counseling and mentoring at a regional medical campus. In: Flanagan M, et al. Atlantic Publishing Group; 2018. Accepted for publication
- Delta Omega Honorary Society in Public Health
- Sigma Xi Scientific Honor Society
- Phi Kappa Phi Academic Honor Society
- William F. Fuerst Scholarship for community involvement
- Gynecologic oncology, health disparities, mentoring and career counseling, palliative care in obstetrics and gynecology