Frequently Asked Questions
To address commonly asked questions, we have compiled the following list.
How do I apply?
- We accept applications through ERAS only.
How many letters of recommendation do I need?
- At least three letters, plus a Dean's letter. A Chair's letter is optional.
What is your medical school graduation cut-off date?
What USMLE Step results do I need?
- Results for Step 1 and Step 2 must be submitted through ERAS prior to January. Step 3 results are not required.
Do you accept Comlex scores as well as USMLE scores?
What is your minimum USMLE and/or Comlex score requirements? How many attempts?
- Passing score, first time.
Do you offer Observerships?
What is the residency application deadline?
What kind of experience do I need if I am an FMG?
At least two months of recent clinical, hands-on experience in pediatrics in the U.S. prior to applying. Documentation must be submitted through ERAS to support this experience. Observerships and research are not considered clinical, hands-on experience.
What kind of visa do you sponsor?
- We sponsor J-1 visas only.