How to Apply
The University of Rochester selects all applicants at the PL-1 level through the National Residency Match Program (NRMP). Our NRMP program number is 1511320C0.
There are no PL-1, PL-2, or PL-3 openings for the current academic year. We are accepting applications for 2018-2019 academic year, through ERAS only, beginning September 15.
**Please note: The Applicant Eligibility Requirements document on the right does not pertain to the Pediatric Residency Program.**
For More Information
For more information, you may contact our program coordinator, Brooke Steinbronn by:
If you are applying to both the Pediatrics and Medicine/Pediatrics training programs at the University of Rochester, you will need to convey that to both program coordinators so a single, joint interview day can be arranged.
The deadline for submitting an application is November 30.
Applicants are required to apply to the Pediatrics Residency Program using the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS) system.
Items to Include as Part of ERAS Application
- Full name, address, phone number, email address, social security number
- List ALL years since completion of undergraduate school: include education, leaves of absence, employment, travel, other experiences, etc.
- Include date and place of birth
- Include citizenship
- Include type of visa if applicable (Only J-1 visas accepted)
- Include ECFMG number if applicable
- Dean's letter
- Medical school transcript
- USMLE and/or COMLEX board scores (we accept both)
- At least two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
- A recent photograph of yourself
International Medical School Graduates
International medical school graduates must complete at least two months of clinical training in an ACGME-approved pediatric program or a similar program in the United States, Canada or England*. A listing of these programs can be found in the AMA GME directory. Observerships and research are not acceptable as clinical training. We are not offering observerships at this time.
*International medical school graduates who have met these requirements should obtain a letter to that effect from the clinical advisor of the rotation and submit it with your ERAS application.
All national and international medical school graduates need to have graduated from medical school within the last 5 years. We sponsor J-1 visas only and only if all other criteria are met.
For further information regarding the IMG application process, please contact the ECFMG.
- Tuesday, October 24
- Tuesday, October 31
- Friday, November 3rd
- Tuesday, November 7th
- Tuesday, November 14th
- Friday, November 17th
- Tuesday, November 28th
- Tuesday, December 5th
- Friday, December 8th
- Tuesday, December 12th
- Friday, December 15th
- Tuesday, January 9th
Once you are selected for an interview, you will be notified by email through ERAS and you may choose an interview date from those listed above (if available).
Interview Information & Schedule
- The program provides a discounted rate for one night's stay at a local hotel. Complimentary transportation to and from the hotel is available. If you choose to drive, free parking is provided.
- Our residents sponsor an informal dinner party from 7-9pm on the evening before each interview day to meet the applicants.
- Our interview days begin at 7:20 a.m. Applicants attend morning report, interview with the faculty, have lunch with the residents, and receive a bus tour of Rochester. The day generally ends around 2:00 p.m.
- If you are applying to both the Pediatrics and Medicine/Pediatrics training programs at the University of Rochester, you will need to convey that to both program coordinators so a single, joint interview day can be arranged.
Most hotels in the area provide shuttle service to the University of Rochester Medical Center. If you are driving, visitor parking is available in the Medical Center Parking Garage. We will provide you with parking validation at the end of your interview day.
Directions to URMC