- Our Ph.D. can be combined with other degrees such as the M.P.H. or M.D.
- For PhD programs in HSRP and EPI, part time study will NOT be accommodated.
- Stipends, tuition grants, training and travel expenses are provided for doctoral study
- Join a diverse student body with education and experience in many health related fields
- Open selection of courses from different schools allows for a unique range of options (e.g. School of Medicine and Dentistry, the College of Arts and Sciences, and the Goergen Institute for Data Science).
- Our PhD program is designed to produce researchers who generate knowledge and strategies used in solving healthcare problems
- The Program provides an extensive knowledge-base in substantive areas related to the institutions, structures and functioning of the U.S. healthcare system
- The program prepares students for a career in academia, government or the private sector
- Coursework includes health care systems, policy, and outcomes; health economics; data analytics and statistics; and epidemiological and research methods
- Coursework includes statistics, economics, epidemiology, public policy, and research methods
- Both formal didactic and experience-based interactive phases of study: coursework, graduate research and teaching, and dissertation
- Trains students to teach and conduct independent research into the organization, delivery, and outcomes of health care
- Interdisciplinary courses, research and teaching, provide candidates with a broad range of skills
- Active teaching assistant program provides additional skills training in teaching
Research method skills learned in the PhD Program
- Study design
- Statistics & data analytics
- Risk adjustment
- Cost effectiveness analysis
- Policy analysis
Theory skills learned in the PhD Program
- Systems theories
The dissertation process focuses on producing rigorous scientific thinkers who can integrate these skills and knowledge to identify and address vital research questions, and who can propose, test, and communicate creative solutions to real world policy and healthcare issues.