Guidelines and Instructions - Abstracts & Posters
- As part of Undergraduate Research Day, participants will present their research by writing an abstract and preparing a poster presentation for the undergraduate poster session scheduled for 11:00am-1:00pm.
- How To Apply – Application Deadline is Sunday, September 24, 2017
- Abstract Instructions
- The abstract should present a synopsis of the research, indicating:
- Procedures or methods followed
- Results achieved
- Conclusions (if any) which have been reached.
- Sample abstracts are available
- Abstract formatting
- Typed and double spaced
- Times New Roman 12 point font
- No more than 300 words
- Note your name and institution, the title and authors on your abstract
- Please ask your research advisor to review and approve your abstract before submission
- Poster Instructions
- The size of the poster board is 60"wide x 40" tall
- Include the title of your research project (short and specific) in your poster
- Include authors and the institution/division/department/center/etc. (all that apply) in which you have been researching
- Your poster must be set up and ready to be viewed prior to the plenary lecture scheduled for 10:00am
Please refer to our Frequently Asked Questions for additional questions.
Can’t find the answer? Contact the Office for Graduate Education and Postdoctoral Affairs via email at SMD_Undergrad_Research_Day@urmc.rochester.edu or call (585) 275-4522.