Accepted Students: What's Next?
Congratulations on your acceptance to the University of Rochester
School of Medicine and Dentistry incoming class of 2025!
We look forward to you joining us as you embark upon your career in medicine.
Below you will find helpful information on important next steps like:
- Dates and deadlines
- Virtual Second Look
- Resources and other important information
When in doubt, remember to check back on this website for updates, keep an eye on your e-mail and follow us on socials:
University of Rochester Medical School Instagram
URSMD Facebook Page and Twitter
MD/PhD Program (MSTP) Facebook Page and Twitter
Finally, don't forget to join us for our weekly Pop Up Cafes, where we have students, staff, and leadership available to chat on a myriad of topics. Check your e-mail for the details!
See you soon!
Dates and Deadlines
- April 15, 2021: Holding 3 Acceptances (AAMC Traffic Rule)
- April 16-17, 2021: Virtual Second Look
- April 30, 2021: Holding 1 Acceptance, Deadline to select "Plan to Enroll" through AMCAS
- May 5, 2021: Lottery for on-campus housing
- Mid May 2021: Orientation Week Website Opening
- July 12, 2021: Rochester's deadline for "Commit to Enroll" through AMCAS
- August 2-6, 2021: In-Person Registration
- August 6, 2021: MD/PhD Retreat (MSTP applicants only, official start date)
- August 9-13, 2021: Orientation (Mandatory)
- August 16, 2021: First Day of Classes
Virtual Second Look: April 16-17, 2021
Second Look Weekend is a chance for accepted applicants to virtually “revisit” Rochester without the pressures of the interview day. Second Look helps you to experience again what Rochester has to offer and give you a chance to virtually meet some of your future classmates. We are planning an informative, fun event with current students who are excited to virtually meet you. Please be sure to check your e-mail and the Class of 2025 Facebook page for updates regarding Second Look Weekend.
The virtual Second Look's full schedule and event in its entirety will be managed on Whova. Accepted students should expect to receive an e-mail invitation to join the event. Whova is a great interactive way to keep an eye on the schedule, network with peers, and find additional resources.
Highlighted sessions during our Virtual Second Look will include:
- Multiple student sessions and panels to discuss life as a Rochester medical student, student organizations and affinity groups, wellness and support resources
- Mock PBL session
- Faculty live "lightning round" lectures and Advisory Dean breakouts
- Diversity initiatives and Advocacy opportunities
- Financial Aid
- Social event(s)
- MD/PhD Research Symposium and student panel
Additional Information and Support
The Student-To-Student Guide (aka "Blue Book") is a URMC tradition, and medical students have put tons of thought and effort into this book. The Blue Book builds upon the foundation of wisdom laid down by previous classes to give you the details on courses, textbooks, housing, transportation, student groups, restaurants, entertainment, and just about everything else students have learned during their time in Rochester. Enjoy!!
A Student Written Guide (Rainbow Book) to LGBTQ+ Life in Rochester and URSMD presented by members of Spectrum at the University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry.
Student Center Contacts
- Financial Aid Office: Applying for financial aid is an annual process that takes place in the spring prior to the year for which support is sought. Information and the School's application may be found on the Financial Aid site.
- Bursar’s Office
- Medical School Registrar’s Office: The Medical School Registrar's Office manages and maintains all academic records of all active and former medical students.