Phase 1 of Medical School
Explore Medical Specialties
Choosing a specialty is a process in which you need to match your values with that of the specialty. The information below can help the process.
- AAMC Careers in Medicine
- Speak with senior medical students/residents/faculty throughout URMC
- Faculty are always the best source of information
- Find a mentor that you work well with
Building Your Residency Application
- Key Points:
- Community Service
- Medical Societies
- Medical school activities
- Start an initiative
Summer After Phase 1
- Vacation or CV building or both?
- Use time wisely