Available Post-doctoral Position
Department of Pediatrics
The Department of Pediatrics has an opening for a Postdoctoral position. We are particularly interested in candidates with graduate or post-graduate level expertise in research on mucosal immunology, adaptive immunity, food allergy or other atopic diseases, or alternatively expertise on other areas of biomedical research that will be applicable to the abovementioned areas. Our projects focus on understanding factors predisposing to atopic diseases with an overall goal of food allergy prevention.
This project will utilize experimental models of immune activation in the context of mucosal exposure, breast milk immune factors and tolerance development. This project will also investigate the homeostasis of mucosal immune system and microbiome.
Successful candidates will have shown outstanding biomedical research accomplishment and promise, and commitment to a career in academic and translational research.
Number of months/years of experience required after obtainment of highest degree: 0
Special Skills Required
- Prior experience in tissue culture, flow cytometry, ELISA, Luminex, microbiome and/or gene expression analysis is preferred.
- Specific areas of interest include prenatal and neonatal exposure to allergens, and environmental exposure to factors that modify immune repertoire such as microbiome.
- Excellent communication skills and fluency in spoken and written English is required.
- Proven ability to publish and present research data is required.
Minimum Education Requirements
List Level Of Education And Field(s) Acceptable
- PhD or MD in Immunology, Biochemistry or equivalent.
How To Apply
Applicants should submit a current Curriculum Vitae, along with contact information to 3 referees that we may request to write a letter of recommendation e-mail your Curriculum Vitae to:
Kirsi Jarvinen-Seppo, MD PhD or Antti Seppo, PhD.
Please visit our lab website
Review of application will begin immediately; for consideration, all materials should be submitted by date October 1, 2017.
The University of Rochester, an Equal Opportunity Employer, has a strong commitment to diversity and actively encourages applications from candidates from groups underrepresented in high education.