bin zhang laboratory postdoc
The Bin Zhang laboratory invites mature, highly motivated candidates to apply for position as postdoctoral fellow in the Department of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at University of Rochester Medical Center. This fellow will develop NGS-based genomic biomarker discovery assays for precision medicine, and generate cellular models to study genome instability and cancer progression. This position will prepare the fellow to apply for the American Board of Medical Genetics and Genomics (ABMGG)--Laboratory Genetics and Genomics (LGG) clinical fellowship program.
Supervision and Direction Exercised
Machines and Equipment Used
Laboratory equipment, apparatus and tools such as microscopes, balances, centrifuges, cell culture hoods and incubators, PCR machines, etc.
- Designs experiments with PI’s direction and assistance;
- Performs molecular and cell biology experiments;
- Reviews literature and analyzes and interprets experiment data;
- Prepares presentations, and writes manuscripts for publications.
- PhD in molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics or related scientific field;
- In-depth understanding of the genetics and genomics;
- Previous laboratory bench experience;
- Experience with NGS library generation and data analysis;
- Attention to details, well-organized;
- Team oriented with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Understanding of bioinformatics tools and workflows used to identify genomic variants from next-generation sequencing data;
- Experience in molecular biology or genomics;
- Candidates with programming skills will be given priority (Python and R are preferred).
Bin Zhang, Ph.D., FACMG
Phone: 585-276-8707 (Cytogenetics) or 585-276-8308 (Molecular)