Postdoctoral Position in Schwarz Lab
NIH funded postdoctoral position is available in the laboratory of Dr. Edward Schwarz in the Center for Musculoskeletal Research in the Department of Orthopaedics. The laboratory is interested in Osteoimmunology and automated histomorphometry, specifically in bone repair and regeneration. Full description of responsibilities:
- Independently designs methods to enable innovative research in the field of Osteoimmunology and automated histomorphometry, specifically in bone repair and regeneration.
- Conducts sophisticated small animal surgery, and longitudinal in vivo imaging studies.
- Independently evaluates results of studies.
- Communicates findings to faculty supervisor and makes recommendations regarding the direction of the project.
- Provides written reports.
- Presents findings at internal meetings or national and international meetings/conferences.
- Writes articles for publication by providing written analysis of data and creating co-authorship of scientific publications.
- Writes protocols for the conduct of research, which include: purposes of study, design of experiments, lists of materials and methods to be used and the schedule of activities.
- Keeps abreast of trends in the field of interest by reading current research literature and scientific publications, abstracting scientific articles of value in the prosecution of research problems, and attending and presenting at meetings, seminars and research conferences.
- Trains laboratory staff.
- Teaches laboratory techniques and instrumentation procedures to students.
- Councils others on technical problems, advises and assists them with research projects.
- Oversees the VisioPharm automated histomorphometry system, and writes new computer apps.
- Set schedule for projects, review the work of others and provide feedback to the faculty supervisor regarding the completion of laboratory work.
- Insures that health and safety practices are maintained in accordance with University policies and the law.
- Evaluates the performance of research equipment and assists with repairs and trouble shooting.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, brief summary of research interests, CV, and contact info for 3 references to Dr. Edward Schwarz (email@example.com)