Performance Psychology for Athletes, Performers, and Coaches
Reach your maximum potential with mindset training from UR Medicine Fitness Science.
You put in countless hours perfecting your skill. Performance Psychology will provide you with mindset strategies to overcome obstacles, recover from injuries, cope with external and internal pressures, and achieve your full potential.
In our program, you will work with a Sport & Performance Psychologist to learn new ways to improve your focus, confidence, and communication with your own customized action plan. Our program is designed to help athletes of all ages and levels, elite performers such as dancers and musicians, and professionals such as coaches or leaders.
Our research-based program includes:
- Personal assessment.
- We will work with you to learn about your personal values, challenges, and goals.
- Goal setting and action plan.
- Set short- and long-term personal goals, then create an action plan designed to build the skills that are important to you.
- Peak performance strategies.
- Learn the fundamentals of the mind/body connection and how to develop the mindset skills necessary for elite performance.
- We incorporate energy and stress management by identifying which energy zones are optimal for your performance.
- Master self-talk for better focus and concentration.
- Develop communication and resilience skills to create habits for success.
Interested in group or one-on-one sessions? Visit Programs
For questions or custom packages, call (585) 851-0700.
Craig Cypher, Psy.D., CMPC
Sport Psychologist, University of Rochester
Dr. Cypher is a Sport & Performance Clinical Psychologist. He is the only New York State Licensed Psychologist in the Greater Rochester area to also be recognized as a Certified Mental Performance Consultant®. Dr. Cypher has over a decade of experience working as a psychologist with youth, high school, college, and professional athletes and their families.