Train for Health
Research-based fitness program for those ready to be proactive about health
We’re meeting people where they are, whether you’re new to fitness or already lead an active lifestyle. Train for Health gives you a customized health and fitness plan designed with your current fitness level and personal health goals in mind.
You’re not training for the Olympics. You’re training for yourself and your health.
We get it. You have a life to live. But you still want to feel good and have more energy. We will help you:
- Get and stay healthy
- Lose weight (if that’s your goal)
- Build healthy habits to help manage any chronic health conditions, such as: osteoarthritis, high blood pressure or cholesterol, and diabetes or pre-diabetes
How it works
We start with the basics
To begin, you’ll have a one-hour intake with one of our physical trainers who will assess your fitness level and take you through some of the basic movements you’ll use in the program.
We will also discuss nutrition and what foods can help you achieve your goals.
Use what you have
We’ll work with what you’ve got, whether it’s a gym membership or just a pair of sneakers. Our program is flexible.
Program Delivery - an Option for Everyone
- 1:1 — the ultimate in personal attention.
- Semi-formal — follow your own customized plan while working out with others.
- Group — join a group or form your own and follow the same workout together.
- Virtual – our personalized app includes daily workouts, videos demonstrating proper form, and ability to track your progress.
A personalized app
We’ll customize a training app just for you that includes:
- Daily workouts geared towards your level of fitness
- Videos of how to do each move
- Ability to track your reps and your progress
- Nutrition recommendations
Tracking your progress
Virtual monthly check-ins
In-person and virtual Zoom check-ins will help you:
- Stay on track
- Get your questions answered
- Assess progress
- Make adjustments to your program
We know that setbacks happen. When they do, we will adjust your routine to meet you where you are. No judgment.
A program backed by science
Some of the country’s top researchers and doctors have reviewed our program and say our training methods are simply better.
Programs starting at just $30/month
To discuss plan options, call (585) 341-9200 or Email FitnessScience@urmc.rochester.edu
This program is not covered by insurance