Billing & Fee Structures
The following pay schedules are the current rates for each instrument run by the Flow Core.
|12-Color LSR II||18-Color LSR II||CyTOF|
The billing system used by the Flow Core is done by the following:
- Users reserve time based on the ID they are assigned when they register with the Flow Core.
- When the user comes to run on a given instrument, they log in with the same ID provided. The amount of time logged in is then recorded to the minute.
- At the end of the month, the amount of time reserved vs the amount of time used for each reservation is checked. The greater of the two is biled for. The total amount of time used each month is then listed by user and sent to the department for bills at the end of the month
- The investigator has 5 business days to check on any amount of time used. All inquiries are to be directed to Matt.
- If no inquiries are made, the account number listed when a user registers will be billed and the amount of money will be deducted from that account.
By bringing samples to be analyzed or sorted on any of the Flow Core instruments, compliance is assumed for the following:
- For analyzers, if you book between the hours of 18:00 and 09:00 the next day, you can cancel same day prior to your run without charge. Reservations between 09:00 – 18:00 must be cancelled 24 hours in advance or incur a charge.
- For cell sorters during normal hours (ending at 5pm), all reservations must be canceled 48 hours in advance of the sort or incur a charge.
- For "Evening Hours Sorting" all reservations must be cancelled 7 days in advance of the sort or incur a charge.
- All cancellations should be handled through PPMS (link provided on left navigation bar). This provides a written record for both parties. This will others that view the schedule to know that time is available. If the time is then used by another investigator any incurred charges would be waived.
- With the cell sorter, if you are more than 15 minutes late and have not notified us that you will be late (email or phone call x6-5330 or x3-5085), we reserve the right to cancel your sort and bill you for reserved time.
- For all analytical instruments, shifting your time (eg, signed up for 1-2pm and want to run 2-3pm) is acceptable at no charge as long as you will not overlap another users scheduled time. If you are scheduled to sort you must contact the flow core staff to ensure they are aware of the change (refer to #4).
- For cell sorters, shifting of time will result in billing according to the scheduled time.
- Please do not make reservations for a colleague/friend/lab mate. We have an authorization system to ensure that those trained and approved to use the instrumentation can reserve time.
- Billing for analysis is done based on reserved time and/or used time --- whatever is longer. Using the new reconciliation system, this is being billed to the nearest minute.
- Bills will be sent out on a monthly basis. Please review your bills and if there are issues, please let Matt know. Fund transfers will be submitted at the end of the month based on either the account provided on the reservation or the default account you set up with us when you registered.
If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact Matt directly to discuss them.
External Pricing by request only (contact us)
Click to see the .pdf outlining external user guidelines.
- Setup Fee: $34
- Cost: $92/hr
There is a one hour minimum for booking time. After that, time is billed to the minute. You will be billed for the time you reserve plus any extra time if you run over.
- Cost: $43/hr, +$42/hr for operator assisted runs
- Cost: $51/hr, +$42/hr for operator assisted runs
- Cost: $56/hr, +$42/hr for operator assisted runs
- Cost: $28/hr, +$42/hr for operator assisted runs
- Cost: $100/hr
- Cost: $65/quarter
Location/Time - Rm 3-4103 @10am (in the flow core hallway)
Schedule: Oct 3rd, 17th, 31st
next lecture coming soon!
All guidelines are available in the "User Docs" folder located on every instrument computer as well as in the FCC_Library server folder.
Comments about the Flow Core?