About The Building
The new UR Medicine Center for Orthopaedics and Physical Performance will combine clinical care, research, education, and community wellness under one roof to create an orthopaedics center unlike any other in the Northeast. With our strengths in education, research, and care, we are well-poised to lead this effort.
We can help patients restore AND enhance function: whether they are recovering from injury or managing a chronic disease, or want to improve their fitness and maximize their physical performance.
- 330,000 square feet, the biggest offsite project in University of Rochester history.
- Up to 14 new operating rooms and four procedure rooms.
- Centralizes core services in one site that is easily accessible from I-390 and I-90.
- Primarily dedicated to outpatient care (offering a 23-hour stay), orthopaedic urgent care, and ambulatory surgery.
- Research-focused space for clinical trials, bone density testing, and a motion analysis lab, where patients can receive recommendations to enhance their movement and performance.
- Design integrates natural light and a variety of quiet waiting/work spaces throughout and features an outdoor courtyard with seating and rehabilitation space.
- Two therapy pools: a flow pool with jets and a therapy plunge pool that can integrate an exercise bike.
A first-rate patient experience
- Centrally located and easily accessible from major highways and via public transportation.
- Designed to accommodate those with pain and mobility issues, with accessible parking, clear wayfinding, and a layout that minimizes walking.
- Includes restructured, enhanced waiting areas designed to make the patient and family experience as comfortable and efficient as possible.
- Offers expanded treatment options for patients: everything a patient might need for diagnosis and treatment of a bone, muscle, spine, or joint condition: medical imaging, clinic exam rooms, physical therapy, sports medicine facilities, athletic training, injury prevention programs, and nutrition/mind-body wellness services.