Register for A Free Informational Weight Loss Surgery Seminar
Our informational seminars, whether attended in person or online, provide the valuable information you need to make a decision about having bariatric surgery. Completing the seminar is the first step in the bariatric surgery program.* If you have previously had bariatric surgery, please call the Center before registering for a seminar, (585) 341-0366.
Facilitated by one of our bariatric surgeons, with the opportunity to ask your questions and talk with other individuals interested in bariatric surgery.
Our online seminar allows you to take the first step anytime, anywhere. Afterwards, our team will follow up with you to answer any questions you may have.
*Completing a seminar does not automatically qualify you for surgery. A full evaluation will be made at your first medical appointment. If you have previously had bariatric surgery, please call the Center before registering for a seminar, (585) 341-0366.
Qualifications for surgery include, but are not limited to:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a BMI (body mass index) of 40 or greater, or have a BMI of 35-39.9 with one of the following: diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea. Calculate my BMI
- A history of obesity for 5 years or more.
- Documented failed attempts at conventional weight loss programs.
- The ability to follow pre and post-operative instructions for diet and exercise.
- No active illegal substance abuse in the past year, including medical marijuana.