Attend an In-Person Bariatric Surgery Seminar
Qualifications for surgery include, but are not limited to:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a BMI (body mass index) of 40 or greater, or have a BMI of 35-39.9 with one of the following: diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea. Calculate my BMI
- A history of obesity for 5 years or more.
- Documented failed attempts at conventional weight loss programs.
- The ability to follow pre and post-operative instructions for diet and exercise.
- No active illegal substance abuse in the past year, including medical marijuana.
Completing a seminar does not automatically qualify you for surgery. A full evaluation will be made at your first medical appointment. Before moving forward with the program, please check with your insurance provider to confirm that bariatric surgery is a covered benefit with your policy. If you have previously had bariatric surgery, please call the Center before registering for a seminar, (585) 341-0366.
*Indicates required field.
If you will need an interpreter for the seminar, please call our office at (585) 341-0366.