View our Bariatric Surgery Online Seminar
Qualifications for surgery include, but are not limited to:
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a BMI (body mass index) of 40 or greater, or have a BMI of 35-39.9 with one of the following: diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea. Calculate my BMI
- A history of obesity for 5 years or more.
- Documented failed attempts at conventional weight loss programs.
- The ability to follow pre and post-operative instructions for diet and exercise.
- No active illegal substance abuse in the past year, including medical marijuana.
Completing a seminar does not automatically qualify you for surgery. A full evaluation will be made at your first medical appointment. Before moving forward with the program, please check with your insurance provider to confirm that bariatric surgery is a covered benefit with your policy. If you have previously had bariatric surgery, please call the Center before registering for a seminar, (585) 341-0366.
Please complete the form below to begin your seminar. The video will take about 20 minutes to complete. At the end, you will be asked to acknowledge that you have viewed the video in its entirety and understand all of the material presented.**
To register by phone or request an Interpreter, please call (585) 341-0366.
*Indicates required field.
**As an MBSAQIP Accredited Comprehensive Bariatric Center it is essential that we maintain quality and safety standards to promote the most comprehensive continuum of care for our patients. To this effort, it is our primary responsibility to ascertain that our patients were educated in detail through this online informational bariatric seminar. Please note that it is the primary responsibility of all participants to view the online seminar in its entirety and attest to meeting this objective.