The Center for Experiential Learning (CEL) resource schedulers schedule courses, activities, and events throughout the Medical Center, School of Nursing, and Saunders Research Building.
Resource schedulers are the front line ambassadors for CEL services and assist with many departmental functions. Although their primary responsibility is to schedule auditoriums, classrooms, histology labs and conference space for internal departmental classes and meetings, they also assist with scheduling media and housekeeping support when requested.
Resource schedulers also perform the following:
- Troubleshoot technology issues in reserved space and triaging appropriate personnel to resolve equipment problems efficiently.
- Distribute and maintain room key/swipe.
- Perform weekly auditorium, classroom and conference room checks assuring there are materials (white board markers/cleaner, chalk, erasers) and that computer/projectors are operational.
- Distribute technology equipment and materials for medical school classes.
- Report repairs or requests for room services with facilities.
Resource schedulers compare requested events with the scheduling software and tailor requests with appropriate space so event outcomes are successful. They make every effort to accommodate customer requests promptly and professionally.