Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care for Groups
Our Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care program is ideal for both new and experienced nursing professionals to introduce and reinforce the essentials of inpatient obstetric care. The program is designed to orient nurses to the perinatal unit and provide the most current and comprehensive education for more experienced staff, allowing educators to reinforce knowledge and establish consistent care across the unit. The program will help reduce risk and errors, increase efficiency and patient care, reinforce and document staff competency, and grow the knowledge and skills of the nurses in your unit.
The Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care program is ideal for annual staff education and is eligible for continuing education credit for certification and license maintenance and renewals.
Continuing Education Credit
The Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care program is eligible for 50.0 CNE Contact Hours (17.5 Pharmacology Contact Hours.)
Curriculum Courses and Learning Outcomes
The Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care curriculum consists of six courses.
Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care Program Preview
- List complications seen in pregnancy, including Hypertensive Disorders of Pregnancy, Fetal Growth Restriction, Preterm Birth, Bleeding in Pregnancy, Obesity, Diabetes Mellitus, Multiple Gestation, Hyperemesis Gravidarum, Deep Vein Thrombosis, Pyelonephritis, Amniotic Fluid Embolism, and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation.
- Describe physiologic changes of pregnancy that contribute to the development of pregnancy complications.
- Determine the impact that pregnancy complications have on the development of the fetus.
- Describe management strategies for each of the identified pregnancy complications.
- Develop nursing plans of care for each of the identified complications of pregnancy.
- Eligible for 16.0 CNE Contact Hours (8.0 Pharmacology Contact Hours.)
A Group subscription includes access to the program for one year. Groups can enroll participants at any time during the one year subscription period. Group access also includes the ability to designate one or more person(s) with administrative access to manage group participants, track group participation, and to run custom reports. Group subscriptions include the option to purchase CNE/CME credit separately or to purchase it for the entire group in advance. Group access requires self-registration.
- Group Access with 75 enrollments - No credit included: $1,250 for one-year.
- Group Access with Unlimited enrollments - No credit included: $2,500 for one-year.
- Group access without credit includes the ability to purchase 50.0 CNE Contact Hours (with 17.5 Pharmacology Contact Hours) at a discounted rate for any group participant during your group access period. This group add-on can be purchased at any time for any active, group participant in our online store or by invoice upon request by email. Group Subscription CNE Contact Hours Add-on cost: $100 per participant.
- Group Access with 75 enrollments and CNE Contact Hour credit included: $3,500 for one-year.
- Group Access with Unlimited enrollments and CNE Contact Hour credit included: $5,000 for one-year.
Group Renewals: Any unused group enrollments (excluding unlimited access) can be rolled over for an additional year upon renewal of the same 'Essentials' group subscription without interruption. Payment in full is required to rollover enrollments.
Save 10%! All participants with an active individual or group subscription to the periFACTS Online Continuing Education Program save 10% off any 'Essentials' program purchase everyday! To purchase online, you must have a periFACTS store account. To request a store account with the discount automatically applied, just email us! Alternatively, groups can purchase a subscription to the program by invoice (including Purchase Order requests) by email.
How to Purchase
Purchase a Group Subscription and (optional) Group CNE Contact Hours to the Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care program in our online store.
Request an invoice for a Group subscription and (optional) Group CNE Contact Hours to the Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care program by email.
Each individual course in the Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care series can be purchased for any desired number of enrollments for a group to access in our online store and by an invoice upon email request.
The Essentials of Inpatient Obstetric Nursing Care series and courses are also available for Individual Professionals to purchase.